Friday, March 15, 2013

PE Reflection & Goals

(A) Reflecting on my PE goals from the first half of the semester, I wanted to:
  • Improve my speaking grammar - I think this has probably improved a little bit.  One of the hard things is figuring out which particle to use after which word, which comes naturally after using the words very often.  It did help that 毎週、日本語テーブルに行きました! :)
  • Avoid English fillers - I recently discovered the very useful まあ, referred to by しばた先生 as a "high-class" filler.  I think my use of Japanese fillers has improved (sometimes I use them accidentally when speaking English too...)
  • Improve casual speech style - This is something I probably need to work on more since I don't practice it that often.
  • Increase speed and reduce pause time - I think this has improved.
(B) Stuff that I did last semester:
  • went to Japanese table every week
  • did some more varied shadowing - I did a song
(C) Stuff I still need to do:
  • free speaking のれんしゅう
  • talk with native speakers.  私は、一回東京大学の学生といっしょにひるごはんをたべて、ちょっと話しました。でも、東大の学生たちはぜんぶで英語が上手ですけど、私は日本語がまだまだです。。。
(D) 来半学期のゴール:
  • Improve fluency in casual speech
  • Use a greater variety of expression in speech
  • Get rid of personal common errors like using ちち when I should be using おとうさん
(E) Activities, in addition to (C) above:
  • go to activities where I can hear more casual Japanese, like JSA, anime club, film showings, etc.
  • continue going to Japanese table
シワ

No comments:

Post a Comment